Episode 48: Destiny 2 Guides and Reviews - Our Plans
This week, we are total sell-out fanboy Bungie shills, and also talk about plans to create guides for Destiny 2. We've got some reminders for you about upcoming giveaways to celebrate our 50th Episode and we also go to the peanut gallery to get input on what the average (and not-so-average) Guardian thinks will be important to study early on in Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 Research Topics
Here are just a few of the things we're looking at breaking down early on in Destiny 2.
- Time to Kill - this is an obvious one, of course! Time to Kill is such a major component of what defines the meta, we'd be remiss to not put it at the top of the list.
- Shots to Kill - this will come hand-in-hand with TTK, but is also worth mentioning. The relative ease with which a given optimal TTK can be hit is of essentially equal importance to the time itself.
- Effects of Toughness, Agility, and Recovery - These stats are playing a much more obvious role in Destiny 2 as they will now be modified directly by our Armor choices. Defining the value of each point in a given stat will be vital to making good equipment decisions as we prepare for Destiny 2's endgame content.
- Subclass Abilities and Perks - Another clear and present need is right here. This one will likely get a lot of attention of discussion in the community at large, so we're going to let those discussions happen first, and bring our own analysis to the table when we're ready.
- Weapon Perks - we're definitely going to be digging into how perks have changed and which are the most useful, but this will take some time, experimentation, and a lot of investigation to get a handle on, so it's not number one on our list.
You'll have to tune in for the full discussion, Guardians. Thanks for stopping by - we'll see you in the Beta!