Episode 58: Destiny 2 Initial Thoughts and Weapon Recommendations
Let's talk about Destiny 2! After a brief weather-related hiatus, we're back in action with our first impressions of this edition of Destiny along with some initial weapon recommendations and balance discussion.
The meta is still developing, and it's early days, but the community has already found a number of clear winners. Here's a list of some of our favorites:
- MIDA Multi-Tool - it's just plain the best Scout Rifle for PVP. Listen in for some discussion on why it's so popular right now.
- Uriel's Gift and company - Precision Auto Rifles are really solid, with fast times-to-kill, easy to control recoil, and exceptional range. Pick your favorite - you can't go wrong.
- Lightweight and Rapid-Fire Pulse Rifles - Burst-fire lets you take better advantage of cover and is great for team-shooting, and these weapons have a lot going for them.
- The Old Fashioned Hand Cannon - Kill Clip can turn this into a team-shooting monster. Don't rely on it for most 1v1 engagements, though.
- Lightweight Hand Cannons - A reliable TTK range and good support for a mobile playstyle make these a good choice for hand cannon fans right now.
- Omolon Adaptive Sidearms - Ridiculously fast TTK makes these weapons very powerful right now. Last Hope in particular is a stand-out choice thanks to its perks and Range. All you have to do is not miss...
For stats on all of Destiny 2's Legendary Weapons, make sure to check out Mercules' latest Weapon Stats Spreadsheet.
If you're confident in your load out and looking for more ways to improve in the Crucible, we have some advice on understanding map layouts that you might find helpful. And if you're ready to take the next step and start putting psychology and mental preparation to work in your game - yeah, we've covered that, too.
So what weapons are standing out to you right now? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter!