Destiny Hotfix 184.108.40.206 Analysis
Update 220.127.116.11 has been live since Tuesday with no apparent issues and no new reported bugs - a very good sign as the community is always quick to catch that type of thing! It didn't have a lot of meat, but if there's something in there that you're not sure about, read on.
The one after The Dawning
This hotfix dropped January 17th, 2017, right before the year's first Iron Banner event.
- Fixed an issue where the items required to complete Plaguelands Patrols were not dropping
Kill and Collect Patrol activities in the Plaguelands were impossible to complete due to their items never dropping - this is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from purchasing SRL Momentum gear from the Holiday Collection
- Fixed an issue with the Snow Dreg and Felwinter Souvenir consumables not recovering to Postmaster
- Fixed an issue where not all of Xûr's Curios were being sold, including Three of Coins
A number of people encountered issues with the Holiday Collection kiosk when trying to retrieve items that had dropped for them in last year's SRL, but had not dropped from this one. These items should now be available.
In addition, drops of The Dawning consumables would vanish if there wasn't room in your inventory - also fixed, so long as you keep your postmaster cleared out.
Finally, Xur ended up with so many possible curios, after new additions like 10 Heavy Ammo Synth appeared, that it actually broke his inventory, resulting in items being unavailable. Bungie has changed this section to work on a rotating schedule, so if you want Synths or Three of Coins, make sure you check each weekend and get them while you can.
- Added invisible physics and kill volumes to stop players from getting out of the intended playable space on:
- Blind Watch
- The Burning Shrine
- Cathedral of Dusk
- The Cauldron
- The Drifter
- The Dungeons
- Exodus Blue
- Floating Gardens
Just in time for Iron Banner, the Sandbox team has resolved issues allowing players to escape from a baker's dozen of Crucible matches - say goodbye to map escapes like the one pictured above.
- Fixed an issue with the recoil stat on Abbadon and Nova Mortis
Finally, Abaddon and Nova Mortis had been experiencing significantly more recoil than Thunderlord despite having the exact same stats, making them unpleasantly difficult to use. It turns out that this was due to a glitch with their hidden stats, which has been fixed.
Finally, the following issues remain under investigation by Bungie, and will hopefully be fixed soon:
- Rounds may not end as expected when all players on a Fireteam have been defeated in Elimination Game Types
- Skeleton Keys may be removed erroneously from Character Inventory
- Acquiring the Ice Breaker from weekly Vanguard Elite Bounty does not unlock the corresponding Grimoire card
- Players who have completed the “Songs from the Void” Quest will see a waypoint above Ikora in the Tower, where players will need to speak instead with Commander Zavala to receive the following Quest
Thanks for stopping by, Guardians!